What exactly is visa for Cambodia / (Cambodia e visa)
The Cambodian e-Visa can be applied for on the internet with less problem. For typical travelers on company or tourism, they are necessary to get their visas at the Cambodian consulate, or on arrival at the international airport.
Tourists visiting Cambodia will have a visa upon arrival at both Siem Reap as well as Phnom Penh International Airports, while those traveling from Thailand will get hold of their visa at Poipet and Cham Yeam provinces, and tourists from Vietnam coming in through Ka-Om Samnor or Bavet will have to acquire their visas from a Cambodian Embassy just before arrival.
But now, the Cambodian government has made processes much simpler with introduction of e-Visas, almost everything can now be carried out on the internet, and it requires less than 24 hours. Though you’ll be required to pay a regular 89EUR visa fee. This is a fair rate taking into consideration the number of hours and sweet it’ll save you if you line up for a visa.
Where to have a Cambodian visa
Prior to getting a Cambodian visa, you should first decide the type of visa you wish. There are plenty of visa types available, included in this are: Business visa, Tourist Visa, Diplomatic visa and e-Visa. The various kinds of visa have to be gotten at the Cambodian embassy, airport, or at the border while crossing, aside from the e-Visa, which is obtained on the internet.
Acquiring a Cambodian visa from the embassy needs a lot of time and effort, and in many cases, individuals have to travel long distances to get to the embassy. Having a visa at the land border or maybe the airport can also be a difficult process, as it might need lots of payments and bribes in some cases.
Then again, obtaining a Cambodian e-Visa is a much smoother process, it doesn’t need much time and standing for long hours. When you request for the e-Visa, you will receive it beforehand. The e-Visa was introduced in 2006 in order to make the process of visa application faster and easier. This visa lasts for 3 months, having a maximum stay of 30 days.
Benefits of obtaining a Cambodian e-Visa
- •You will not need to visit the Cambodian embassy, you could fill out an application on the web anywhere you are
- •No need for joining long lines
- •The process is secure, well planned and fast, and you are guaranteed of obtaining your visa before arrival at Cambodia
- •You have the choice of getting in touch with the customer support desk in case you need any assistance
Cambodia visa requirements
The Cambodian e-Visa prerequisites include:
- •It is available to every nation except Algeria, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Iraq and Iran.
- •The visa can be used upon entry into Cambodia, but you’ll have to process other application whenever visiting again
- •It is valid for 3 months, starting from the day it was provided to you
- •Your passport need to be at least six months prior to its expiry date
- •Passport must have at least two empty pages for stamping by the immigration department
- •International vacationers are needed to get an on-journey ticket or a return ticket
How to apply for the visa
To have a visa for Cambodia, you’ll have to submit an application online via the application portal at https://go-cambodia-online.com, where you’ll be necessary to fill out your information (name, gender, country), passport information, and personal address.
Source: Cambodia visa